Now Hiring for our Fall Youth Crew!
The Kingston YMCA Farm Project has begun recruitment for the fall session of their youth farm crew! The youth crew will assist farm staff in community food production and food access by maintaining the urban farm while also assisting with the local farm stand and educational programs.
The session will take place from September 18th – October 28th (6 weeks) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 2:30-5:30pm. Farm stand shift is on a Thursday until 6:00pm. There may be one or two weekend work sessions. Please see draft calendar linked below. Youth farm crew members must be between the ages of 14-18 years old and have working papers. The pay rate is $10/hour.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Assisting in maintaining the farm for fall harvests, which includes weeding, watering, crop production and putting the farm to bed for winter.
• Harvesting produce for the farm stand at the Y.
• Assisting with the weekly farm market at the Y.
• Conducting food access survey with farm stand customers and event attendees.
• Assisting with educational programs and events at the farm.
• Participating in agriculture related education and training programs.
• Other farm related duties as they arise or are assigned.
The application deadline is September 9th, 2017.
To learn more about the program and to download an application, please click here.